|Dimensions in mm (W x L x H)|
AES XTS 256 bit Hardware encryption
|Max Power Consumption|
|Max Sequential Read / Write|
|Total Bytes Written (TBW)||
1TB: 600TBW, 250GB: 150TBW, 2TB: 1.2PBW, 500GB: 300TBW
Kingston KC2500 NVMe PCIe SSD
Kingston’s KC2500 NVMe PCIe SSD delivers powerful performance using the latest Gen 3.0 x 4 controller and 96-layer 3D TLC NAND. With read/write speeds of up to 3,500/2,900MB/s*, KC2500 delivers outstanding endurance and improves the workflow in desktop, workstation and high-performance computing (HPC) systems. The compact M.2 design gives greater flexibility, increasing storage but also saving space.
Available in capacities from 250GB–2TB** to meet your system’s needs. KC2500 is a self-encrypting drive that supports end-to-end data protection using XTS-AES 256 bit hardware-based encryption and allows the use of independent software vendors with TCG Opal 2.0 security management solutions, such as Symantec™, McAfee™ and WinMagic®. KC2500 also has built-in Microsoft eDrive support, a security storage specification for use with BitLocker.
Recognised for Kitguru Worth Buying Award.
Current status: Available
- Incredible NVMe PCIe performance
- Supports a full-security suite (TCG Opal 2.0, XTS-AES 256 bit, eDrive)
- Ideal for desktops, workstations and high-performance computing (HPC) systems
- Upgrade your PC with capacities of up to 2TB**
The cryptographic functions mentioned in the present section are implemented in the firmware of the product. The cryptographic functions of the firmware can be changed only during the manufacturing process and cannot be changed by a standard user. The product is designed for installation by the user in accordance with the step-by-step instructions in the installation user guide supplied with the product. It can therefore be used without further substantial support from the supplier.
The SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for server environments.
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and is thus not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
** Based on “out-of-box performance” using a PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage. IOMETER random 4K read/write is based on an 8GB partition.
*** Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
Product Marketing legal notes:
* Based on “out-of-box performance” using a PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage. IOMETER random 4K read/write is based on an 8GB partition.